Terry A. Fann joined the firm in 1988. For the past 30 years, Mr. Fann has zealously advocated for his clients in employment law, civil rights, personal injury, workers' compensation, and criminal defense cases in both state and federal court. Mr. Fann personally works on each client's case, taking them from an initial interview to the Tennessee Supreme Court. Mr. Fann is known for his extensive litigation experience, diligent work ethic, and active representation of his clients across all areas of the law.
Mr. Fann is a certified Civil Trial Specialist by the National Board of Trial Advocacy and maintains a rating of "AV" on Martindale-Hubbell lawyer reviews, which is the highest rating attainable. Mr. Fann is also a Rule 31 Listed General Civil Mediator who is available for mediation in all civil matters.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury
- Workers Compensation
- Employment Law
- Criminal Defense
- Tennessee, 1988
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Tennessee, 1988
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit, 1988
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Tennessee, 2010
- U.S. District Court Western District of Tennessee, 2015
- University of Memphis School of Law, Memphis, Tennessee
- J.D. - 1987
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville, Tennessee
- B.S. - 1983
- Honors: With Honors
- Major: Agriculture Business
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Litigation Counsel of America, Fellow
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Rutherford Cannon County Bar Association
- Tennessee Association for Justice
- American Association for Justice
- Tennessee Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Member Hearing Panel - Board of Professional Responsibility
- The National Advocacy for DUI Defense, LLC (NAFDD), Member
- Southern States Police Benevolent Association, Attorney, Present
Every case Terry Fann has ever helped us with ended up in our favor. He is well respected in the legal community, hard working, knowledgeable, very responsive to calls and emails, and his office updates clients constantly on their cases. He is kind, caring, and polite but still has a no nonsense, professional air about him. He takes what he does seriously and will fight for you every step of the way. Count yourself blessed if you are able to get him to represent you in your time of need. – Colene S.
Mr. Fann was recommended by a friend to represent me in a civil matter. Terry and Chase took on my case, together we formulated a defense as well as a counter suit. Terry has a keen mind for the law and Chase is a go getter. As a team they complement each other very well. I hope I never have the need for their services again, but If I do they will be my one and ONLY call. – Rick S.
We highly recommend Waldron, Fann, & Parsley! My husband was in an accident and Terry Fann and his team got him a settlement. This firm is very professional, very thorough and friendly. Terry is a good Christian man. We really enjoyed working with him and his team! Thank you all for your hard work and support! – Judy G.